Thursday, October 29, 2009

Design Inspiration

For my Apparel Design II class we are designing a knit top or dress with sleeves and it cannot have any closures ie: zippers or buttons. I want to design something that is minimalistic and comfortable. I'm thinking of using some sweatshirt fabric and making a sweater dress but I'm not 100% sure yet in the designing process nothing is final. The designing process is really fun for me but it also takes a lot more time than I really have at the moment. But I think its one of my more important classes since fashion design is my major after all, Astronomy and philosophy can wait.
But anyways here are some photos that inspire me.


At the moment, and/or always I've liked the interesting cutouts on the back detail as well as any other cutouts like on the shoulders. And one of the hottest trends right now is the emphasis on the shoulders which I also am starting to get used to and like.
I can't wait to start sewing again, it's been far too long. I can't wait to share my progress on it soon.


source: lookbook, tumblr

0 comments:

 
ShareThis