Thursday, May 27, 2010

Gotta Work It!



Love this look, maybe not full on orange-red though. :)




I got an internship here in Taiwan for the two months that I will be here. I'm a bit worried about it since I can only speak and listen to Chinese, Can't read or write. But this will hopefully help improve my Chinese. SOO.. I am looking for work clothes for the summer.. that is not too casual looking. They said I can look casual and stuff .. but I want to make an impression so I'm going to dress better than that. I will be going shopping later today to figure out what to wear. This company is definitely more conservative than I am. But it's a great opportunity for me to learn!!

What do you think of my work clothing inspiration? And what do you wear to work without feeling less than fashionable?! Lastly, Since I'm an intern do you think wearing heels are a no-no?

PS updated the portfolio, and the links page. If you want to exchange blog links, I would love it!!

Elle, Hanneli, J. Crew

11 comments:

Unknown said...

kelly! i always love sourcing your blog for inspiration. i just got busy though thats why i havent been able to visit:( but these are fab looks, love! love that look on hanneli-- not sure if ill rock it, but ill die of envy. hehe:)


<3
eden

Kelly said...

Ah! That means so much too me! Thanks Eden!! <3 <3

Anonymous said...

love the pants in the first pic! congrats on your internship - i'm sure you'll do great!

Kelly said...

Thank you so much!! <3

Marcie said...

Kelly, how excited to be in another country! Congrats. I like your work inspirations. The colors are really great. Earth tones are very hot right now. As far as heels, I would see what other women are wearing. I am not sure about the culture where you are working. But if other women are wearing heels, go for it! There shouldn't be any restrictions because you are an intern, but just double check.

Have a great one!
Marcie

Ashley said...

Oooh what are you interning for? I think heels would be fine. But flats are good sometimes too! I like the pieces you picked out...for a professional setting, I like a structured piece, like the blazer, and then something a LITTLE more casual (but still good looking), like black skinny pants. Or a tighter skirt.

Jen said...

You're going to do great! And just think all the experience you're going to get!

As for these vintage insprired looks... LOVE 'em!

Sabo Skirt said...

We love that cream blazer!

xx .sabo skirt.

www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

Marcie - Thanks for the words of advice and encouragement!!!

Ashley - I'm doing a fashion design internship, but I'll be doing a lot of different things. And that's a great suggestion with wearing something casual w/ something structured.

Jen - Thanks for the encouragement!!

Sabo - I know right, I want it really badly!

k said...

haha yah, don't know about the all red, but i love these looks!

Melissa said...

great outfit inspiration. wearing those last two items together would be perfect

thanks for following my blog:)

http://lavie-amonavis.blogspot.com

 
ShareThis